The NR Group has always been ahead of its time, which translated to a series of marketing, research, product, packaging & organizational innovations. As a result, the brand evolved from an incense sticks producer to one that provides a complete range of solutions in natural aroma products. An extensive range of fragrance products come under the brand — from coils and cones to aromatic oils; room fresheners to reed diffuser sticks; fragranced lifestyle products to botanical research and floral extracts.
Keeping with the new and yet preserving the traditional values has helped the group grow extensively. The family enterprise is now seeing its third generation overseeing the business as CEOs, most of whom have returned to head the group companies after management degrees from US universities. Over the last six decades, the group has diversified into 6 sectors and in each, it has carved a name for itself. The group companies have an independent corporate set up managed by professionals.
The NR Group of Companies:
N. Ranga Rao & Sons Pvt. Ltd. » (Manufacturers of Cycle Pure Agarbathies)
Established in 1948, N. Ranga Rao and Sons Pvt. Ltd. is a pioneer & leader in the incense industry for over 6 decades in:
– Creativity of fragrances and packaging.
– Professional management and marketing, and now totally ERP integrated.
– Has a library of over 500 fragrances, all created and blended in-house.
– Consistently winning awards in various categories over the last few decades:
– Par Excellence Awards (2009 & 2010) at the “National Convention on Quality Concepts”
– 6 awards in Advertising for Media Strategy, Radio Jingles and Innovation.
– 9 Chemexcil awards,
– 6 Visvesvaraya Industrial Trade Centre awards for excellence in exports.
– 3 Niryat awards from the Federation of Indian Export Organisations.
– 5 Merit awards from the Handicrafts Council at State and National levels.
Certified for ISO 9001:2008; Cycle Pure Agarbathies is now a CERTIFIED CARBON NEUTRAL® COMPANY.
Rangsons Marketing Services Pvt Ltd. »
– Established in 1983.
– Independent professional organization marketing Cycle Brand Agarbathies and the developing Fragrance Domain products of NR Group.
– Has network of a large number of distributors and field force across all states in India, enabling excellent after sales service.
– Conducts consumer and market research regularly to understand their perception and requirements.
NR Foundation » (Non-Profit Charitable Trust)
– Ranga Rao Memorial School for Disabled (Estd. 1988), the first residential school for visually challenged girls in Karnataka.
– Project Prerepana focuses on promotion of health and education of women and children in selected slums of Mysore. Through our learning centres, 103 dropouts in the age group of 3 to 16 years have been groomed and brought back into mainstream education.
– Cycle Scholarship program wherein financial assistance is given annually to about 600 students in Mysore and Hyderabad.
– Ranga Jnana Vinimaya Kendra, a centre for intellectual debate and discussion. It is an informal interface between those who know and those who want to know.
NESSO — Natural & Essential Oils Pvt. Ltd. » (Mfr. & Marketers of Essential Oil and Floral Extracts)
– Established in 1979.
– Global market share leader in Indian floral extracts, having ISO 22000 / HACCP, CGM compliant manufacturing facility and Kosher Certification.
– Has 7 extraction facilities strategically located near cultivation clusters in South India with capacity to process 12 tons of fresh flowers daily.
– Over 24000 ha of green tea plantation.
– Focused R & D on innovation and enhancing eco-friendly and technological competencies.
– Continuous research on standardization of herbal extracts, Ayurvedic formulation and phytochemicals.
– Delivers fresh, natural and quality floral concretes and absolutes to flavor & fragrance
houses, cosmetic and nutraceutical companies across the globe.
RIPPLE Fragrances Pvt. Ltd. » (Mfr. & Marketers of Personal & Air care Lifestyle Products)
– Established in 2005.
– The spatial fragrance division of the NR Group.
– Is strongly entrenched in the Indian air care market with its brands Lia and IRIS.
– Lia range of do-good air care products consists of room fresheners and car fresheners.
– IRIS is pioneering the home fragrances market in India through novel delivery systems and exciting fragrances.
– IRIS product range includes Reed Diffusers, Fragrance Vapourizers, Potpourri, Fragrant Stones, Speciality Incense, Pillow Mister and Aroma Candles.
– Present in the personal care space too with DNA brand of Deodorants and Perfumes.
– The ambassador of Indian aroma traditions; this company successfully exports incense and related products to more than 50 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Far East and North America.
– N Ranga Rao & Sons Exports tops this achievement with a large number of prestigious awards for excellence in international business to its credit as well as a winning streak with the Government of India Export Award in the incense category.
– The NR Group is vertically integrated in the fragrance domain. We are one of the few
– marketing companies in India that create and blend our perfumes.
– Always looking ahead,NR group continues to grow on the bedrock of the founder’s vision and values.
– The Cycle continues its journey…Good begets Good.